Valerie Ostrom :: Ocala Florida Realtor® :: Real Estate Buyer Agent and Seller Agent
Ocala Marion County Florida Real Estate Listings :: Ocala Florida Homes For Sale
First Impressions Count
- Paint is the cheapest way to freshen up an older home. A bright clean house brings more money than a house that has that worn look to it. Keep your colors neutral!
- Keep draperies and curtains open and let the prospect see how bright and cheerful your home can be. (Dark rooms do not appeal.)
- Dripping water discolors sinks and suggests faulty plumbing and scares buyers.
- Small repairs can make a big difference. Loose knobs, sticking doors and windows, warped cabinet drawers and other minor flaws detract from home value. Get them fixed.
- Clean out those closets to make them look larger. Space is limited in Florida homes.
- Bathrooms are second only to kitchens in selling homes. Repair caulking in bathtubs and showers. Make these rooms sparkle.
- Remove excess furniture from bedrooms to make them look as big as possible.
- Three’s a crowd! Always leave the home during showings. Buyers are not at ease with the seller looking over their shoulder. You want buyers to linger and fall in love with your house.
- Turn off the television and have only soft music on the radio or stereo.
- Pets should be put away or taken for a ride when you leave for a showing.
- Dispose of furniture you don’t need or plan to take with you. You’re moving, get rid of stuff you don’t want and make your house look larger. There’s money to be made here!
- Landscaping makes a huge first impression. A green lawn, neatly pruned shrubs and fresh mulch says that the owner of this house cares.
© Copyright 2006-2021 Valerie Ostrom | Ocala Florida Realtor®