Valerie Ostrom :: Ocala Florida Realtor® :: Real Estate Buyer Agent and Seller Agent
Ocala Marion County Florida Real Estate Listings :: Ocala Florida Homes For Sale
A Yankee’s Guide to Ocala Florida
If you already live in Florida then this report won’t be anything new but if you’re from up north you need to read this.
- The prefered method of construction here in Ocala is cement block covered by a skim coat of stucco. This is because of the termites.
- Most houses are built using trusses to support the roof so there is no attic storage space.
- Houses in Ocala are built on a concrete slab, so there is no basement.
- Storage is either in the garage or closets. Get rid of all your junk before moving to Ocala!!
- Most homes have a lawn sprinkler system. Running off city water is expensive. An irrigation well is highly prefered.
- Grass grows best in the warm weather, by that I mean above 80 degrees. It goes dormant and turns brown in the winter.
- Be carefull working in the yard. Turning over a big rock or log may reveal a big snake.
- The seasons are backwards. Summer is hot and humid and you might want to stay where it’s air conditioned. From October to May is dry and pleasantly warm, a great time to work outside.
- Ocala does have a winter of sorts. It can go below freezing for a short time at night a few times a year.
- Both heat and air conditioning come from the same unit.
© Copyright 2006-2022 Valerie Ostrom | Ocala Florida Realtor®