Valerie Ostrom :: Ocala Florida Realtor® :: Real Estate Buyer Agent and Seller Agent
Ocala Marion County Florida Real Estate Listings :: Ocala Florida Homes For Sale
Tips For First Time Ocala Homebuyers
- Be realistic – there is no such thing as the perfect home. It’s a question of trade offs.
- Decide specifically what features you want in a home and which are most important to you. Make a list starting with what you need then going to what you want.
- Review your credit report and be sure you have enough money to cover your down payment and your closing costs.
- Talk to a lender and get prequalified for a mortgage before you start looking. There’s nothing more depressing than looking at $300K houses only to discover you only qualify for $175K !!
- Think long-term. You should plan on staying in this home at least 3 years. You need time to build equity.
- Don’t max yourself out on that mortgage. Leave money in your budget for other things. Live in this house 3 to 5 years and then trade up to something better.
- A home inspection is a must have and, if possible, get a home warranty from the seller to cover defects the first year.
- Hire a REALTOR® as a buyers representative. Unlike a listing agent, a buyers agent is working only for you. It doesn’t cost the buyer anything and you’re crazy not to have one.
© Copyright 2006-2021 Valerie Ostrom | Ocala Florida Realtor®