Valerie Ostrom :: Ocala Florida Realtor® :: Real Estate Buyer Agent and Seller Agent
Ocala Marion County Florida Real Estate Listings :: Ocala Florida Homes For Sale
Take the Trauma Out of Homebuying
- Find a Realtor you like and trust. Once you find someone you like agree to work with them exclusively.
- There is no “right” time to buy. Market timing doesn’t work in the stock market and it doesn’t work in real estate. No one predicted the boom years in Ocala real estate and no one predicted the bust. Buy with the intention of living there for 3 to 5 years.
- Too many cooks will spoil the soup! Don’t pay too much attention to friends and relatives
- No house is ever perfect. Focus in on the big stuff and let the little ones go.
- Don’t try to be a “Trump” like negotiator. Trying to “steal” a house by getting an extra-low price may lose you the home you love.
- Make sure you like the important things. You don’t want to replace kitchens or bathrooms, they are just too expensive. Paint, carpet and landscaping are relatively cheap.
- Include maintenance and repair costs in your budget. Even a new home needs maintenance or a little personalized improvement.
- Buyers remorse is inevitable. Buying a home, especially for the first time, is a big commitment.
- A house should be a home first and an investment second. Find a spot you want to stay for a few years.
© Copyright 2006-2021 Valerie Ostrom | Ocala Florida Realtor®